Friday 9 November 2018

What Chinese travel sites taught me about UI


Dorking around on travel sites is my weird little self-soothing, time-wasting extravagance. I don’t know what’s so exciting about plane ticket listings, I just like them. I like them in the way I like cheesecake and Pearl Jam. I once wrote gushing fan-mail to Adioso because I thought their human-centered approach to ticket search was hotter than Jorah Mormont in full plate mail. My first experience with Chinese travel sites was booking tickets on eLong many moons ago – 2007, I think? They had an English language interface and though they didn’t take any international payment methods at the time, I could swing by their office…

This story continues at The Next Web
https://ift.tt/2SYOmGj Kendra Schaefer November 09, 2018 at 05:57AM

No comments: