Monday 5 November 2018

Why digital tools you use in your personal life should be on your CV


I entered the workforce in 1998 during the midst of the dotcom bubble. To stay relevant in a highly competitive and unpredictable market, I found myself constantly updating my resume with software proficiencies I thought companies would find desirable. However, none of the software proficiencies I included in my resume proved to be applicable or remotely useful in my personal life. There was a clear separation of church and state as it applied to the qualifications in my personal and professional lives. Software skills, while arguably just as important for job applications today, if not more, are taking on a…

This story continues at The Next Web
https://ift.tt/2Dm2RPT Niraj Shah November 05, 2018 at 09:00AM

No comments: