Monday 11 February 2019

Facebook sucks for privacy, but how good are advertisers at targeting me?


Amid the massive hue and cry about Facebook’s utter disregard for data privacy, and the illicit use of personally identifiable information, I thought I’d take a step back and examine the company’s data handling from a new perspective. Facebook sells a bunch of targeting methods to advertisers, but are the companies successfully targeting my profile? To find out, I decided to conduct an informal and, admittedly, subjective data analysis of the companies that are using my personal information to get me to buy their products on Facebook. In order to do that, I accessed the list of companies who have…

This story continues at The Next Web
http://bit.ly/2I5hAlC Preetish Panda February 10, 2019 at 04:00PM

No comments: